Monday, March 30, 2009

Goodwill and The Big Bang

Today, I decided to check out the local thrift store and to my delight, I found that they had just gotten in a whole bunch of new CD's! And it wasn't just from one specific genre. They had all kinds of good stuff: AC/DC, Corinne Bailey Rae, Everything But the Girl, Modest Mouse, Stevie Wonder, Modest Mouse, Chicago, I could go on and on.

And who knew that Goodwill was a good place to meet girls? Well, not I, but apparently it could be. Also perusing the CD's was a very cute 20 something punk rocker girl, D, who seemed to love music as much as I did.
She had some nice ink on her arms and seemed to have a decent sense of humor as she not only loved the "SPAM" mug I found, but she profusely apologized for sticking the "cut on her backside" in my face as she went through the stores CD's.
She talked quite a bit on different bands she was into, I could see from her huge stack of CD's she definitely found lots of good stuff, [Classic Yeah Yeah Yeahs, older Modest Mouse, and The Adolecents (apparently a punk rock band that was around before I was even born) just to name a few]. I myself had a few cd's in my hand including an awesome Death Cab for Cutie CD that I own digitally, but I had to pass as the CD was scratched pretty badly.

But Goodwill wasn't done yet, on the way out, I ran into another girl who had just checked out the music section and I complimented her on a few of her selections (Everything But the Girl and Alanis' JLP album). We talked music for a bit as she picked my brain in the register line while we waited to pay.

When it was all said and done, I walked away with only one album. But it was definitely a gem.
Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment